Terms and Conditions
Human readable excerpt
We want to enrich the world and make something even greater out of it. In our opinion, people should be as free as possible. May it be physically, psychologically or digital. Unfortunately or luckily, by law and by custom, we have to enlist all prohibitions, permissions and plenty of other things to overcome and avoid possible prosecution that may happen when operating an app and a platform in the Internet. However, our general goal is to provide a platform with great and collaborative user experience. Be assured that we created terms in respect to legal situations. Out of this reason, we point out some goals how we want to operate STAPPZ in a human-readable overview:
Everything you post is public and associated with the position where you have been in the moment of the post. This way, we can enrich the world together and share our experiences locally. We know that some people are afraid of location based privacy. Therefore, we respect your privacy concerns by giving you a free choice about your username. However, any misuse is still and logically forbidden.
Currently, other users can see a part of your user profile and which STAPPZ you marked as saved. However, the email address is only visible to yourself. Other users can also not see your current location. We will add a feature that you – and only you- can see your own STAPPZ and it does not matter where you are. We consider it as your choice what you share. Other users cannot reveal all the posts of you. If you want to show all of your own posts to other users, you need to add them all to your favorites. We do not support this in our API and neither do we want to unlock this kind of feature in the future, because we care for privacy. If we introduce this kind of feature you will be asked before anything is shared. Only registered users can see your profile and your favorites. Users that just use the app and which did not register cannot see your profile.
What do we store and why?
– We try to collect almost no personal information except the data we need to operate STAPPZ, e.g. your email address or your position when you post something. We will track as less as possible user specific data.
We try ensure user data control. For instance other Users save your STAPP and then you delete the STAPP- it is also gone in the savings of the others.
In order to provide users the possibility to share their content with another, you give us rights for the content you share with STAPPZ. This means duplication, recomposition rights and similar. However, you also provide us with the right to use your content for advertisement. This is needed because someone needs to pay for the servers and we have to live of something, too. We mark out that the right for advertisement and other rights are only intended to be used for our own advertisement. There is no business plan about selling user data.
We are open and straightforward with our business model. In general, we plan a mixture of in-app payments for premium stuff and non-persuasive advertisement. We will try to keep as much free as possible. The functionally you have today is the absolute goal to stay free and we plan even more free functionality.
In our opinion, we consider this approach to use advertisement combined with a few premium features as much more convenient as to collect and sell your user data.
Behave normal, think collaborative, respect the laws around the world and work together. Clearly, you must not abuse, harass, threaten, invade the privacy of, or intimidate any situation nor historic events, people no matter if they are Stappz users or not. Follow the laws of the humanity and of your country.
We try to ensure our platform is secure and invest into encryption and similar things. This consumes time and money. We are just humans and work as hard as possible. Therefore, please don’t hack our App or the Stappz platform. If you find a bug or vulnerability write us an email and we will fix it.
STAPPZ Terms and Conditions
The term “Stappz Components” includes any item of the list following:
– Website www.stappz.com
– Maps Services – independent of the subdomain of stappz.com
– API Services – independent of the subdomain of stappz.com
– Any Service of Iunera GmbH & Co. KG in any dependency to the STAPPZ project.
The term “Content” includes any information whatsoever made accessible by any of the Stappz Components on or through the Service.
Acceptance of Terms
1. You must be 13 years and older to use any of the Stappz components.
2. You are responsible for any content you create, post or share.
3. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
4. You must not abuse, harass, threaten, invade the privacy of, or intimidate any situation nor historic events, people no matter if they are Stappz users or not.
5. You may not use any Stappz component for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International members agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
6. You must not produce any content that does not comply with the local laws.
7. You are solely responsible for your creation of content and any data, text, information, pictures, place names or any other creation of content.
8. All Content, whether publicly or privately posted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. Iunera GmbH & Co. KG cannot guarantee the authenticity of user generated Content or data. You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you using the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible and liable for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting there from.
9. You must not do anything with any Stappz component of a destructive nature neither for Stappz users nor other User, nor with the Stappz Component itself.
10. You shall not decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, hack, sniff, exploit or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Stappz components.
Violation of any of these terms will result in the termination of your account and Iunera GmbH & Co. KG will keep the right to disallow you access and usage of any of the Stappz components.
While Stappz prohibits such content on any of the Stappz components, you understand and agree that Iunera GmbH & Co. KG. cannot be responsible for the content posted on any of the Stappz components and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use any of the Stappz components at your own risk.
1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate any of the Stappz Components for any reason, without notice at any time.
2. We do not guarantee any service availability, quality of service or transactional safety.
4. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason and at any time.
5. You own the content you share. You give us permission to use, store, share, use it for advertisement and enrich the content you post on Stappz. You may delete your account at any time, though if you or Iunera GmbH & Co. KG have shared, copied or distributed your content publicly, the content may persist on any of the Stappz Components.
6. You grant Iunera GmbH & Co. KG a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of any content you post on any of the Stappz Components. This includes for promoting and redistribution through any media channels (including third party websites and feeds).
8. We reserve the right to remove any content that we feel may include personally identifiable documentation or scans of documents issued by banks or governments (social security numbers, passport numbers, credit card numbers, drivers licenses, etc.).
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
You agree that in case a translation of the Terms and Conditions is provided for you then the English language versions of the Terms will govern your relationship with Iunera GmbH & Co. KG. If there is any contradiction, between what the versions then the English language version shall take precedence.
Version 1.00 / 30.09.2014